Did you know you can employ a full time secondary school student on a part time basis and have them participate in a traineeship at the same time?
Students are required to:
- Be a full time secondary student completing year 11 or 12
- Enter into an agreement with the employer to undertake a traineeship
- Have permission from their school to complete the traineeship
- Have the competencies achieved in the traineeship recognised in their Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Be a minimum of 15 years of age
- Sign a training contract with their employer, guardian, Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) and Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Convert the traineeship if the trainee is still participating from school based to part time or full time on completion of year 12
In order for a student to complete the school based traineeship, the student is required to be deemed competent by employer and RTO.
The employer will receive:
$1,250.00 six (6) months after commencement of Certificate II plus an additional $750.00 school based incentive
$1,500.00 six (6) months after commencement of Certificate III plus an additional $750.00 school based incentive and $2,500.00 on completion
School based trainee’s are payroll tax exempt.
There are no course fees for school based traineeships.
18 months for school based trainee
Workplace based on the job training
On Successful Completion
On successful completion of a qualification you will receive a Certificate:
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available.
A total of fifteen (15) units are required for this qualification.
- TLIF1001A Follow occupational health and safety procedures
- TLIL1001A Complete workplace orientation/induction procedures
- TLIA2022A Participate in stocktakes
- TLIJ2001A Apply quality procedures
- TLIE2008A Process workplace documentation
- TLIG2007A Work in a socially diverse environment
- BSBCUS201B Deliver a service to customers
- TLIA2011A Package goods
- TLIA2012A Pick and process orders
- TLIA2013A Receive goods
- TLIA3017A Identify products and store to specifications
- TLIA2020A Replenish stock
- TLIA2021A Despatch stock
- TLID2004A Load and unload goods/cargo
- TLID2003A Handle dangerous goods/hazardous substances
- TLILIC2001A Licence to operate a forklift truck