Did you know you can employ a full time secondary school student on a part time basis and have them participate in a traineeship at the same time?
Students are required to:
- Be a full time secondary student completing year 11 or 12
- Enter into an agreement with the employer to undertake a traineeship
- Have permission from their school to complete the traineeship
- Have the competencies achieved in the traineeship recognised in their Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Be a minimum of 15 years of age
- Sign a training contract with their employer, guardian, Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) and Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Convert the traineeship if the trainee is still participating from school based to part time or full time on completion of year 12
In order for a student to complete the school based traineeship, the student is required to be deemed competent by employer and RTO.
The employer will receive:
- $1,250.00 six (6) months after commencement of Certificate II plus an additional $750.00 school based incentive
- $1,500.00 six (6) months after commencement of Certificate III plus an additional $750.00 school based incentive and $2,500.00 on completion
School based trainee’s are payroll tax exempt.
There are no course fees for school based traineeships.
A total of fourteen (14) units are required for this qualification.
The following three (3) core units must be completed:
- MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSAPMOHS200A Work safely
- MSAPMSUP210A Process and record information
The following eleven (11) units must be completed:
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations
- MSAPMOPS102A Perform tasks to support production
- MSAPMOPS200A Operate equipment
- MSAPMSUP100A Apply workplace procedures
- MSAPMSUP101A Clean workplace or equipment
- MSAPMSUP102A Communicate in the workplace
- MSAPMSUP106A Work in a team
- MSAPMSUP201A Receive or despatch goods
- MSAPMSUP230A Monitor process operations
- MSAPMSUP240A Undertake minor maintenance
- PMBHAN103C Shift materials safely by hand