Did you know you can employ a full time secondary school student on a part time basis and have them participate in a traineeship at the same time?
I have done most of my training courses with Nationwide Training, I always found the training material up to date and trainers are just excellent, not only but they are always ready to extend their help in scheduling the training sessions and help with difficult questions.
Students are required to:
- Be a full time secondary student completing year 11 or 12
- Enter into an agreement with the employer to undertake a traineeship
- Have permission from their school to complete the traineeship
- Have the competencies achieved in the traineeship recognised in their Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Be a minimum of 15 years of age
- Sign a training contract with their employer, guardian, Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) and Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Convert the traineeship if the trainee is still participating from school based to part time or full time on completion of year 12
In order for a student to complete the school based traineeship, the student is required to be deemed competent by employer and RTO.
The employer will receive:
- $1,250.00 six (6) months after commencement of Certificate II plus an additional $750.00 school based incentive
- $1,500.00 six (6) months after commencement of Certificate III plus an additional $750.00 school based incentive and $2,500.00 on completion
School based trainee’s are payroll tax exempt.
There are no course fees for school based traineeships.
A total of fourteen (14) units are required for this qualification.
The following three (3) core units must be completed:
- MSAENV272B Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSAPMOHS200A Work safely
- MSAPMSUP210A Process and record information
The following eleven (11) units must be completed:
- MEM18002B Use power tools/hand held operations
- MSAPMOPS102A Perform tasks to support production
- MSAPMOPS200A Operate equipment
- MSAPMSUP100A Apply workplace procedures
- MSAPMSUP101A Clean workplace or equipment
- MSAPMSUP102A Communicate in the workplace
- MSAPMSUP106A Work in a team
- MSAPMSUP201A Receive or despatch goods
- MSAPMSUP230A Monitor process operations
- MSAPMSUP240A Undertake minor maintenance
- PMBHAN103C Shift materials safely by hand