Did you know you can employ a full time secondary school student on a part time basis and have them participate in a traineeship at the same time?
I have done most of my training courses with Nationwide Training, I always found the training material up to date and trainers are just excellent, not only but they are always ready to extend their help in scheduling the training sessions and help with difficult questions.
Students are required to:
- Be a full time secondary student completing year 11 or 12
- Enter into an agreement with the employer to undertake a traineeship
- Have permission from their school to complete the traineeship
- Have the competencies achieved in the traineeship recognised in their Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Be a minimum of 15 years of age
- Sign a training contract with their employer, guardian, Australian Apprenticeship Centre (AAC) and Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Convert the traineeship if the trainee is still participating from school based to part time or full time on completion of year 12
In order for a student to complete the school based traineeship, the student is required to be deemed competent by employer and RTO.
There are no course fees for school based traineeships.
The employer will receive:
$1,250.00 six (6) months after commencement of Certificate II plus an additional $750.00 school based incentive
$1,500.00 six (6) months after commencement of Certificate III plus an additional $750.00 school based incentive and $2,500.00 on completion
School based trainee’s are payroll tax exempt.
A total of twelve (12) units are required for this qualification.
The following core unit must be completed:
Occupational Health and Safety
- BSBWHS201A Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
Select 11 units from the list below:
- BSBCUS201B Deliver a service to customers
- BSBIND201A Work effectively in a business environment
- BSBINM201A Process and maintain workplace information
- BSBINM202A Handle mail
- BSBINN201A Contribute to workplace innovation
- BSBCMM201A Communicate in the workplace
- BSBITU201A Produce simple word processed documents
- BSBITU202A Create and use spreadsheets
- BSBSUS201A Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR202A Organise and complete daily work activities
- BSBWOR203B Work effectively with others
- BSBWOR204A Use business technology