This course is suitable for commercial vehicle drivers who wish to transport explosives by road in Australia and are seeking to renew their Explosives Driver Licence with DMIRS.
If you are not a current Explosives Driver Licence holder then you must successfully complete the 2 day Dangerous Goods Driver Licence course before the Explosives Driver Licence course as required by DMIRS.
This course is endorsed by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation & Safety (DMIRS) and is required to obtain an Explosive Driver Licence issued in Western Australia.
The Trainer did a great job, his experience is obviously extensive and thanks to him is in order. Location is good, only a short walk from the train station.
The staff and trainers at Nationwide Training are brilliant. The best aspect of the course was the practical tasks.
I thought the course was well presented and all aspects of the course were explained in good detail, any questions asked were answered and explained for all to understand.
Course Duration and Fees
7:30am to 3:30pm (approx.) at Nationwide Training Osborne Park
1 day Holders of an Explosives Driver Licence $263 GST free
Learners that do not hold an Explosives Driver Licence MUST completed of a 2 day Dangerous Goods Driver Licence Course before the 1 day Explosives Driver Licence course as set out by DMIRS (Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety)
Onsite training is available anywhere in Western Australia contact our office for a quote.
- Must either hold an Explosives Driver Licence or successfully complete a 2 Day Dangerous Goods Driver Licence course before the Explosives Driver Licence course.
- Must read the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) Explosives Licence application requirements before attending the course
- Must complete pre-reading of the Nationwide Training Transport of Explosives Licence Manual
- Must wear fully enclosed shoes
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) www.usi.gov.au
Note: Explosives Driver Licence Online Applications are submitted via the SRS system. You can register on the DMIRS SRS webpage
- Fire response
- Stowage and segregation
- Marking of unit loads, carry boxes IBC’s
- Carry box enclosed body freight
- Marking of packages, vehicles and transport containers
- Container and vehicle design
- Requirements and procedures
- Hazchem Emergency Action Code
- Emergency response guides
Course Structure and Delivery
- Theory Presentation
- Written Assessment
- Practical Assessment
This classroom-based training is delivered face to face. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available.
On Successful Completion