This course is suitable for commercial vehicle drivers who wish to transport explosives by road in Australia.
This course is endorsed by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation & Safety (DMIRS) and is required to obtain an Explosive Drivers License issued in Western Australia.
The Trainer did a great job, his experience is obviously extensive and thanks to him is in order. Location is good, only a short walk from the train station.
The staff and trainers at Nationwide Training are brilliant. The best aspect of the course was the practical tasks.
Course Duration and Fees
7:30am to 3:30pm (approx.) at Nationwide Training Osborne Park
1 day Holders of a Dangerous Goods Licence $263 GST free
Onsite training is available anywhere in Western Australia contact our office for a quote.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to apply for a WA Explosives Drivers Licence
- Must have a Dangerous Goods Bulk Drivers Licence
- Must read the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) Explosives Licence application requirements before attending the course
- Must complete pre-reading of the Nationwide Training Transport of Explosives Licence Manual
- Must wear fully enclosed shoes
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) www.usi.gov.au
- Fire response
- Stowage and segregation
- Marking of unit loads, carry boxes IBC’s
- Carry box enclosed body freight
- Marking of packages, vehicles and transport containers
- Container and vehicle design
- Requirements and procedures
- Hazchem Emergency Action Code
- Emergency response guides
Course Structure and Delivery
- Theory Presentation
- Written Assessment
- Practical Assessment
This classroom-based training is delivered face to face. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available.
On Successful Completion