This course is suitable for commercial vehicle drivers, schedulers, supervisors and managers working in transport industry in Western Australia.
Driver fatigue is a major safety hazard for all drivers. Fatigue crashes tend to be severe with little or no braking or avoidance action. The risk of death or serious injury to a driver and passenger or the occupants of other vehicles in a fatigue related crash is very high.
This course will help you understand how to recognise and prevent fatigue becoming a hazard for you, your employees and the general public.
Course Duration and Fees
8:30am to 2:30pm (approx.) at Nationwide Training Osborne Park
1 day – $253 GST Free
Onsite training is available anywhere in Western Australia contact our office for a quote.
- Must complete thorough pre-reading of the Nationwide Training Apply Fatigue Management Strategies Learner Guide & Staying Alert at the Wheel before attending
- Must wear fully enclosed shoes
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- Must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) www.usi.gov.au
- Causes of fatigue
- Warning signs of fatigue
- Identify and act on signs of fatigue
- Workplace procedures to minimise fatigue
- Risks of fatigue related accidents & incidents
- Practices to manage fatigue
Course Structure and Delivery
- Theory Presentation
- Group Discussions
- Written Assessment and Activities
This classroom-based training is delivered face to face. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available.
On Successful Completion